Wednesday 3 April 2013

Garden birds and a "twit twoo!" or maybe "ke-wick" and "hoo-hoo-oooo" more like!

In Scotland around the lodge there was a lot of wildlife in the garden areas and on the river behind. I created a small feeding station within the first day or two then after two weeks it started to look a little crazy but it was worth it! (the owners of lodge probably thought I was more crazy!) .
I had minimum of 50 little garden birds visiting each day from day two of being there, a lot of regulars but I never get sick of seeing the little dinky ones! 
My main aim was to get a nice group of Long Tailed Tits #AFavourite - I succeeded! had minimum group of eight each day #HappyFemale.

The birds:
Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Sparrow, Dunnock, Black Bird, Starlings, Thrushes, Long Tailed Tit, Greenfinch and Robin.

No photo's on this post of what was on the river, but had a lot of Dipper sightings, Mandarins, Goosanders, Mergansers and the odd pair of Mallards.

A LOT of Tawny Owl sightings, a few recordings but you can only hear them! I spent a lot of evenings out looking, watching (while the light lasted!) and listening to them. Saw two pairs and I could also hear a few more in the distance. 
The recordings sound ok on my phone, but not sure if you will be able to hear them well on here.


Above: a LTT rather enjoying my 'Bird Cakes', I made quite a few a long with reusing the coconut shells to make more inside them.

As well, the feeding station attracted quite a few Pheasants too! 





The next one was recorded outside the lodge, some people might of found this a pain, but I loved it! There most welcome around my house back here in Cheshire!  
The male especially, around 3/4am woke me up nearly every morning, quite a spooky sound when your kind of in the middle of nowhere!









3 comments:

  1. Heerlijk gezicht al die vogels in de tuin het geeft toch iets feestelijks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww... cute birds.
    These photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete