Tuesday 12 February 2013

Herons, Waxwings & Barn Owl

Today I went out visiting the local areas to me, very cold couldn't hardly move my hands and I even had gloves on! along with a few pieces of snow that disappeared after a minute.

What I saw today:
Waxwings - seeing them everywhere at the moment, saw a group when driving through Heswall on Telegraph Road.
Chester High Road: Sparrow Hawk and Buzzard.

Burton marshes:
x5 Heron
x3 Rats
x2 Canadian Geese
Coots (lost count)
Lapwing 40+
some of the regulars - Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, ducks
Teal x5 male x5 female



































































































































































Some of you may remember me posting this image a few weeks ago... (to the left in the tree - zoomed in from my phone).




























Well today I managed to get another shot but on my camera (a bit of a improvement!)


This one not so good...



After here, I went down to Parkgate to look for the Short Eared Owl that I saw yesterday which came up close to my car. #NoLuck! but I did see:
x1 A Greater Black-Backed Gull which kept of flying up high then letting something drop about three times.
x2 Wood Pigeon
x1 Little Egret and again, another Heron.

It was starting to get dark so I went back to Heswall to see if the Waxwings were about, which they were flying up and down from the tree feeding (lightened images so you can just about see them).


After a few hours I went back down in the evening to see if much was going on and came across a Barn Owl, a first for 2013! It disappeared for a short wile then flew back up and disappeared must of caught a mouse or something!





2 comments: